Clark County Organized
The first settlement in Clark County was in June 1879. In May of 1881, the governor appointed county commissioners who then met and organized the county. They passed a resolution declaring that the Clark House, owned and kept by Mrs. M.E. Greenslet, be designated as the official headquarters. This house was 1/2 mile north of where the present county seat of Clark County now stands. The Chicago and Northwestern railway reached the townsite of Clark in June 1882. Clark, the county seat, is the largest town and is located in almost the exact center of the county. It was settled in the fall of 1882.