WEST MERTON CEMETERY

Also Called PIONEER GERMAN LUTHERN CEMETERY
NE ¼ Sec. 30-T115-R57
Platted – 105B
Survey done by Mrs. Oren McPeek, Alene Heraty
Sexton – Tom Hallberg
17824 422nd Ave
Clark SD 57225
Caretaker: Merle Peterson
Updated 8-2-2012
This Cemetery was started in about 1882. George Hughes staked out a claim here and when his wife and baby died, they were buried and it became a community cemetery for Merton, Darlington and Hauge Townships. There are over 102 graves. One Merton resident was buried without a funeral for fear of spreading the rare and contagious black diptheria desease.